Significant growth took place during those early years which led the people to relocate to their current facility located at 234 Lincoln Avenue. The construction of the current auditorium with basement class rooms was completed in 1955. At this time the church name was formally changed from the Second Baptist Church of Newport, Tennessee to Lincoln Avenue Baptist Church of Newport, Tennessee.
Growth continued to take place after the relocation and the congregation continued to be a pace-setter in the community. In 1985, the people decided to construct a family life center which included a gymnasium, new restrooms with shower facilities and ten classrooms. Controversy was also stirred over the fact that Lincoln Avenue was the first church in the county to construct a gymnasium. This was a bold move for a church located in a county with the Appalachian heritage of the Smoky Mountains.
The years passed and the church continued to grow. Because of this growth, another addition was constructed in 1998 which included nine classrooms and restroom facilities. Since 2001, the church has set a record amount of growth in every area. The church continued with building expansion by constructing another addition in 2003 with four classrooms and a commercial/industrial kitchen. Since its inception, Lincoln Avenue has been under the leadership of twenty pastors.
In January of 2009, the Lincoln Avenue family moved into their current worship center, a project that had its beginnings in 2005. The new facility provides for a sanctuary with seating for approximately 900 people, as well as future space for offices and classrooms located in the basement. The former sanctuary was converted to the youth center.